Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaack..................


Hello, all my blog fans out there! I am back in mi casa. It was a long, very tiring trip. But worth every moment. I just wanted to say a few words in closing and post two last photos.


 Looking out my window at the wing-tip of the American Airlines 767 we flew from Dublin, Ireland to Chicago. It amazes me still how these large planes can stay up in the air--especially when you hear the pilot say we are flying at 32,000 feet above the earth!










Our flight from Dublin to Chicago was about 7 hrs. We left at 10:00 am Ireland time and arrived about noon Chicago time (Dublin is 6 hours ahead of Chicago). We had a four hour layover in Chicago, which became very boring. We had planned to be in the Customs and Immigration line for a couple of hours to "kill time." However, Ireland had this really cool U.S. Pre-Customs set up, so we cleared customs before we left Ireland. It went really fast, too, because it was early and no one was in line. The next flight was delayed, which added almost another hour to the original 4-hour wait! However, we got going about 5:40 pm and arrived in San Diego at about 7:30 pm. Erica was booked on Continental Airlines, so her flight times were a little different, and she came in shortly after us. We picked up our luggage and went to a hotel room to sleep before we headed to the Valley. We had been up for about 22 hours. The planes were too crowded and cramped to sleep in.



The next day (today, Mother's Day Sunday) we went to Old Town Mexican Cafe in Old Town San Diego. Erica had been in Ireland for four months for her Spring semester of college, so she was craving Mexican food. Here she is showing us how excited she is to have "real" Mexican food--something you can't find in Ireland.










So, the adventure is over, but definitely not forgotten. I want to thank all those who prayed for travel mercies for us. God is very good to us, and a mighty God--I thank Him for the blessings of safety and great weather. I've enjoyed keeping all my friends up to date on my travels and sharing some pictures of where we went and what we saw. I love Ireland! I miss it already and hope I can return someday!


Erin go bragh!!











No comments:

Post a Comment