Friday, April 29, 2011

April 27, 2011: Day 2 Trip to south: Kinsale and Cobh

Our second day was spent in the lovely little seaside town of Kinsale. We walked around town, and then did some shopping. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! Thanks to all those who have prayed for my trip--God has rained down blessings in the form of great weather and safety! We stayed at a B & B, Friars Lodge in Kinsale. It was more like a little hotel, and the accommodations were very nice. The breakfast table was set in a rather formal manner. I had the traditional Irish breakfast: Eggs, bacon (which is like our ham), sausage, tomato, black and white puddings. FYI--black pudding is made from animal blood, mixed with stuff I don't know, and cooked. I tasted it, and lived to tell. It was okay, but not something I would crave. I'm not sure what the white pudding was, but it had some sort of "organ meat" taste to it, also something I would not crave. I guess you would have to be brought up with it.

 This funny looking machine is not a stereo or room humidifier---it's an ice machine! See the next photo. This was not in our room, this was for the whole floor. We didn't use any ice.

 One of the streets of Kinsale
By the bay, this was a monument to sailors from Kinsale who had died.
 On our way to Cobh (pronounced Cove)

More Irish countryside

...and more...

 We are on a car ferry here to get over to Cobh, which is a tiny island in Cork Bay.

Some of the buildings in Cobh
This is what Olivia has dubbed "Euro-Disney"

My pier! I also have a park here.

Onward to our next destination---Cashel, and our next B & B.

No comments:

Post a Comment